Showing posts with label Katrina Kaif. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Katrina Kaif. Show all posts

Saturday, 12 April 2014

Katrina Kaif can never be offended by me: David Dhawan

Katrina Kaif can never be offended by me: David Dhawan

Katrina Kaif can never be offended by me: David Dhawan
Katrina worked with David Dhawan and Salman Khan in Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya?
A supposedly funny line in David Dhawan's Main Tera Hero where Raju Kher takes a dig at Katrina Kaif's lack of command over the Hindi language had the affable director being confronted with lots of righteous protest.

The director says the actress will take the "bantering quip" sportingly. 

"It is just an off-the-cuff remark, a bantering quip in the film, and Katrina is a girl I've known for many years. In fact, she did her first big film Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya? with Salman Khan and me. She can never be offended with what I do. She knows it's all in fun," said Dhawan.

For the first time Dhawan has directed his son Varun in Main Tera Hero, which also stars Nargis Fakhri and Ileana D'Cruz. The film is coming out April 4.

He was recently quoted as saying that his son Varun won't get married until Salman does.

Laughed the filmmaker, "I was just doing some 'masti' with my son. I don't see any likelihood of Salman getting married. So, I was kidding about Varun staying a bachelor."

Katrina Kaif not doing Raees with Shah Rukh Khan

Katrina Kaif not doing Raees with Shah Rukh Khan

Katrina Kaif not doing Raees with Shah Rukh Khan
Raees is a Farhan Akhtar production.
Actress Katrina Kaif has denied being approached to star opposite Shah Rukh Khan in Rahul Dholakia's Raees.

There was a buzz that both the stars will be seen together again in the Farhan Akhtar production afterJab Tak Hai Jaan.

"I don't know where this news has come from. There is no such discussion like that till now. There are three films Bang Bang, Phantom and Jagga Jasoos that I am doing right now. I am in talks for two more projects which I can't reveal," Katrina told PTI. 

Even Rahul dismissed the report and said, "I don't think so we have approached her. But we will surely finalise the leading lady in a couple of weeks." 

Apparently, Katrina has been offered a role in Ashutosh Gowarikar's period film. But the actress was not in mood to reveal any details and she neither denied nor confirmed doing it. "I feel for whatever films I am in discussion with a filmmaker it is not correct to talk about it unless one is doing it because if it doesn't work out then it makes things awkward for the people and the project," she said. 

Presently, Katrina is busy with Bang Bang opposite Hrithik Roshan and Jagga Jasoos with rumoured boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor. 

The actress has delivered two hit films with Ranbir earlier in Ajab Prem Ki Ghajab Kahani and Rajneeti. "Both the films that Ranbir and I did were really liked by people and were successful. It is exciting for me to work with Ranbir again, he is a great actor. Director Anurag Basu is one of the finest directors that we have today and I am privileged to work with him," she said. 

Besides, she has Kabir Khan's Phantom with Saif Ali Khan, with whom she is pairing up for the first time.

Katrina Kaif on marrying Ranbir Kapoor: There is no such thing

Katrina Kaif on marrying Ranbir Kapoor: There is no such thing

Katrina Kaif on marrying Ranbir Kapoor: There is no such thing
Rumours were rife that Katrina and Ranbir will get married in 2015.
Katrina Kaif is unfazed by rumours that she has plans to tie the knot with actor Ranbir Kapoor, and says she will continue keeping quiet about her private life.

At an event, the actress was asked to comment on the latest rumours. 

She said, "This has come in some newspaper, but there is no such thing. If there is something as such, I will let you know." 

Katrina, who was earlier dating Salman, has been guarded about her personal life. 

"As far as I am concerned, I have always been the same. I don't speak about my personal life. Now it (any rumour) doesn't bother me. With time, you get used to it. Such small things don't affect," she added. 

Meanwhile, Katrina us busy working with her rumoured current beau Ranbir in Jagga Jasoos.

Having co-starred with him in movies like Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani and Raajneeti, the actress said, "The films that we have done (together) have been extremely special films, not just successful. It's exciting for me as he is a great actor." 

"The most exciting thing for me (in Jagga Jasoos) is to work with Anurag Basu as it's important for me to learn from him."

Will Katrina Kaif marry Ranbir Kapoor next year?

Will Katrina Kaif marry Ranbir Kapoor next year?Will Katrina Kaif marry Ranbir Kapoor next year?


The couple is reportedly set to get married in 2015.
The question we should now be asking of Katrina Kaif and Ranbir Kapoor's relationship status is no longer "are they or aren't they" but "will they or won't they," if gossip is to be believed. The actors, long suspected of being a couple, are now rumoured to be considering writing a new chapter to their Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, with a wedding coming up next year. 

There has been, of course, no word on this from Katrina and Ranbir themselves - just like they have resolutely refused to admit to a relationship despite being photographed on holiday together in Spain last year. The would-be-groom's mother, actress Neetu Singh, is said to be thrilled and has reportedly already started shopping for the big day. 

In the last few months, the rumoured couple have navigated rocky waters in their reported romance. They were said to have broken up after having fought while holidaying in New York over the New Year. Later, they were spotted arriving (separately) for a party at actor Aamir Khan's home, prompting speculation that they could be back together. They spent Valentine's Day apart but then Katrina flew to Sri Lanka where Ranbir was shooting Anurag Kashyap's Bombay Velvet. 

A source was later quoted by Mid-day.com saying, "They did not break up in the first place. It was a minor tiff and every other couple goes through this. They have been together for the past four years and they won't break up because of a small argument."

Deepika and Katrina have no time for history

Deepika and Katrina have no time for history

Deepika and Katrina have no time for history
Both have turned down Ashutosh Gowariker’s period film Mohenjo-daro.
Actress Deepika Padukone has apparently said no to director Ashutosh Gowarikar's upcoming film. Says a source, "Deepika is busy shooting for films she has already signed, including Happy New Year, Shuddhi, and Window Seat.

She doesn't have any dates for the next two years and thus had to turn down a role in Ashutosh Gowarikar's film, Mohenjo-daro.

The source adds that the director was keen on signing Deepika for this film. "Deepika is a popular choice among filmmakers now. But the actress has no dates and will be busy shooting for the entire year," says the source. 

Rumour also has it that Ashutosh Gowarikar had approached actress Katrina Kaif for the same role. "But she too said no to him on account of a packed schedule," says the source. 

On the other hand, Hrithik has given a green signal to the filmmaker; they had last worked together on the period film, Jodha Akbar. It may be pointed out here that Deepika has earlier worked with Ashutosh Gowarikar on the film, Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey. However, the film didn't create any waves at the box office. 

Ashutosh Gowarikar was not available for comment while Katrina's manager confirmed that she has no dates to spare for the upcoming film.

Katrina to team up again with Shah Rukh Khan?

Katrina to team up again with Shah Rukh Khan?

Katrina to team up again with Shah Rukh Khan?
Katrina and SRK featured together in Jab Tak Hai Jaan
Katrina Kaif has reportedly bagged the lead role in Raees starring Shah Rukh Khan. The film was recently in the news when Nawazuddin Siddiqui replaced Farhan Akhtar in the film. Now it has emerged that Katrina has apparently been offered the film.

A source says, "Katrina is in talks to play the lead role. They have been discussing it for a while now, but latest developments suggest that she has given them a go-ahead. This will be her second film with Shah Rukh Khan after Jab Tak Hai Jaan."

Another industry source adds, "Post Bang Bang, Katrina will be working on Jagga Jasoos opposite Ranbir Kapoor, but it looks like this film will be pushed ahead. Besides these two films, she doesn't have too much on her plate as of now, so a lead role in Raees is just right for her."

When contacted, Katrina denied being offered the film. On the other hand, Rahul Dholakia, the film's director, remained unavailable for comment.